Pearl Dental Clinic
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, the recommended age for a child to undergo orthodontic evaluation is at the age of 7. Though most kids start braces treatment during their early teens, certain conditions require an early intervention.
Why age 7 ?
– Identify protruded teeth which may cause trauma
– Correct habits that impair your child’s jaw development
– Improve facial appearance & bite
– Shorten duration of treatment required
– Assist erupting teeth into better position
– Improve speech & breathing
– Eliminate surgical intervention
Orthodontic treatment can be a very important part of your child’s oral health care. Teeth that work together make it possible to bite and chew properly, and contribute to clear speech. Teeth that function well tend to have a pleasing appearance. The beautiful smile that results from orthodontic treatment is the outward sign of good oral health, and sets the stage for overall well-being.
Of course you can have braces at any age but treatment at this age can utilize your child’s growth potential so that all of the permanent teeth have room to come in naturally. Though many teenagers come to us, there is an increasing trend for adults to have braces as well. Who wouldn’t want an attractive smile !!
Gift your child something that lasts a lifetime – a beautiful smile.