Regular dental exams are a critical part of preventive health care.
During a dental exam, the dentist or hygienist will clean your teeth and check for cavities and gum disease. The exam includes evaluating your risk of developing other oral problems and checking your face, neck and mouth for abnormalities. A dental exam might also include dental X-rays (radiographs) or other diagnostic procedures.
At Pearl Dental Clinic, we offer a detailed dental examination by our experienced dentists, who will inspect your mouth for issues that can affect your oral and overall health.
Most common oral problems we can assess and treat during Routine Checkup:
- Damaged, missing or decayed teeth
- Early signs of cavities
- Ill-health of your gums
- Previous dental work such as root canals, fillings and crowns
- Early signs of mouth or throat cancer, such as white lesions or blocked salivary glands
- Other suspicious growths or cysts
- Misaligned teeth (e.g. spacing, bite angle)
- Signs that you clench/grind your teeth
- Ill-functioning and disorders of your temporomandibular joint (TMJ Disorders) leading to pain or tenderness
- Issues with the bones in your face, jaw and around your mouth
PEARL DENTAL – ROUTINE CHECKUP PROMISE:
An examination of your neck area, with the dentist feeling your glands and lymph nodes for possible signs of inflammation that could indicate general health problems.
Dental x-rays if necessary, to uncover problems such as cavities beneath existing fillings, fractures, impacted wisdom teeth, decays under your gum line and bone loss caused by gum disease.
Detailed checkup summary and Patient Education on all aspects of your dental condition